The Summer Semester has officially begun! We hope the first day of classes are off to a great start! Just remember, the Library is here for you. Here are just a few things we offer to our SCC community:
- Access to a wide assortment of books! All the books available for checkout are located on the second floor. If you’re interested in recently acquired new titles or popular fiction, you’ll find those on the first floor between the front door and the Reference Desk. The Reference collection, which must be used in the library, is also located on the first floor.
- Computers! All you need is your SCC ID to login and you’re good to go 🙂 Pay-for-Print is setup at a rate of $0.10/single page or $0.15/double-sided. (Color printing can be done at the ACE Center Computer Lab)
- Study space! The second floor is our quiet study area. You can also check out the key for one of our 2nd floor study rooms at the Circulation Desk. If you prefer a more social study setting you can choose to lounge in the Information Commons (located at the rear of the first floor) or use any of the tables located by the computers on the first floor.
- Magazines, Newspapers, and Academic Journals! All issues from the current year are located on the first floor back in the Information Commons. Older issues in print are on the second floor. If we don’t have it in print we provide access to numerous articles in our databases! (see below ;))
- Databases! We provide you with access to over 40 databases that cover a wide range of topics and academic disciplines. They’re available to you 24/7 – to access them from home just make sure you have your SCC ID number 🙂
- eBooks! Our eBook collection is constantly growing and these titles are available to you day and night – you don’t even have to come into the Library to access them (though we always love to see you!)
- Color Nooks! The Library has 6 Color Nooks preloaded with various popular fiction and nonfiction titles. They can be checked out for one week with the option for renewal.
- Reference Librarians! Need help with your research? Can’t find a book or an article on your topic? The Reference Librarians are here to help and they are readily available at the Reference Desk. You can also chat a question through our online chat feature or call the Reference Desk (636.922.8620) if you can’t physically make it to the Library.
- … And so much more!
We look forward to seeing you in the Library – good luck this semester!